Thursday, June 13, 2013

Workshop: Car Seat PSA

Nicky Quiles
Car Seats PSA
:60

6-YEAR-OLD GIRL: Mom, Dad, I need to talk to you about something.
DAD: What is it sweetie?
6-YEAR-OLD GIRL: Don’t sweetie me; I need to talk business with you guys.
DAD/MOM: Ok.
6-YEAR-OLD GIRL: I need a car seat.
MOM: No honey you’re a big girl, big girls don’t need those.
6-YEAR-OLD GIRL: I know I’m a big girl, but I’m six, so technically I need it. Because, children over forty pounds should be placed into a belt positioning booster seat. That could be either a combination seat or booster seat. And they will usually stay in it until they are at least 8 years old.
DAD: She must’ve got into the pamphlets again.
MOM: Ok, we’ll make sure to get you one. Anything else?
6-YEAR-OLD GIRL: Yes actually. I also need you to make sure the harness straps aren’t too loose or in the wrong position. I need the harness chest clip to be properly placed. Make sure when locking me in you do it correct with a locking clip. Don’t put me in front of an airbag; keep the seat in the back. And make sure it is locked securely. Also, I would like some ice cream.
DAD: Got it. Let’s get the seat first then ice cream.
6-YEAR-OLD GIRL: Well, ice cream could go first.
SFX: The family laughs together.
ANNOUNCER: Secure your child. Keep them safe with a properly locked in car seat. This has been a message from the National Transportation Safety Board.

1 comment:

  1. lol this reminds me of those commercials on tv where the kids talk to the parents about paying too much for their cell phone bill.

    good job! I'd cut some info from the little girl, she'd have to be reading pretty fast to get all of that out. :p haha

    ReplyDelete