Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lunch-The Beast Within

Tiffany Santiago
Radio Essay #1 (:60)
Lunch-The Beast Within


 "Feed me now or I will eat you alive from the inside out!" This is what my stomach threatens every time I wait just a little too long for lunch. If this continues the attitude of my stomach seems to surface and I transform from a pleasant human being into a ravenous beast that must be fed immediately lest everything in my path be laid to waste. Oh no, a Snickers won't do, if anything this provokes the beast. No, an animal sacrifice must be made, no vegetarians here. A cow must be chosen, sacrificed and turned into the largest burger possible. Then, and only then will the beast be calmed. Everyday beginning at noon the mission begins to sooth the beast before it starts. Everyone is at risk, and everyone must work together to prevent the awakening of this savage beast or else God help us all.  

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the single spacing I couldn't get the double spacing for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sense of humor of this piece. :D:D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely love the character you give to the stomach.. very relatable lol

    ReplyDelete