Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bicycle PSA

Jonathan Toews: Hi, my name is Jonathan Toews of the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks. Not only does a helmet protect me on the ice, but it also protects me when I ride my bike.
Jay Cutler: Hi, I’m Jay Cutler of the Chicago Bears and helmets save my life everyday, whether I’m out on the football field or riding my motorcycle through the city.
Toews: Each year, nearly 70,000 Americans suffer serious head injuries because they decided not to put on a helmet. Head injuries result in major medical expenses and many people never fully recover.
Cutler: Wearing your helmet while riding prevents three out of every four cycling related head injuries. Compared with the cost of those medical bills, buying a helmet is a sound investment.
Toews: If you think wearing helmets isn’t the cool thing to do, just remember that millions of Americans wear them every day, including Jay and I.
Cutler: Be smart. Protect your head.

Announcer: This message brought to you by the National Transportation Association in partnership with the NFL and NHL. Bicycle helmets save lives.

5 comments:

  1. I thought adding celebrities was a great idea. People would be much more persuaded. I can really imagine hearing this PSA on a radio. They aren't being too forceful and the information they give works with their profession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea that you used celebrities because they really have a presence in the world. People stop to listen to what they have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Great use of celebrity endorsements. Recognizable names and faces that lend their celebrity status draw a lot of attention to great causes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rather enjoyed the celebrity endorsements. This would work very well in Chicago. Maybe there can be one for each city with various athletes that pertain to their respective city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Detroit, so this commercial makes me NOT want to listen :P jk, but I agree with Nicky, I could think of some Detroit figures that would apply equally. I just wonder what states like Montana or Nebraska would do...? O_O haha

    ReplyDelete