Monday, June 10, 2013

Morning Glory cereal

Veneese Mollison
Commercial (:60)
Morning Glory cereal

 
SFX: (alarm clock goes off)
 
Wife: Honey, time to get up.
 
Husband: I got to bed late last night. I need fifteen more minutes.
 
Wife: Ok, but you won’t have time for your Morning Glory.
 
Husband: (mumbles) I don’t care. I’m not ready.
 
Wife: You know you need your boost of energy from the whole grains to get you going.
 
Husband: I’ll settle for ten minutes. Just go away.
 
Wife: The taste of cinnamon you love so much.
 
Husband: Can I PLEASE at least have five more minutes?
 
Wife: Well if you don’t want the last bowl I’ll eat it.
 
Husband: (vibrantly) No you won’t! I’m up.
 
Wife: You’re not even gonna share?

Husband: Nope! You should’ve let me sleep.
 
Kids: What are we supposed to eat?

Wife: Don’t worry kids, here’s another box.
 
Husband: Hey, you lied to me.

Wife: Lie is such an ugly word. I just did what I had to do Dear.

Announcer: The great taste of Morning Glory is enough motivation to get anyone out of bed, even if you’re not a morning person. The goodness of whole grain wrapped in cinnamon is a taste sure to get you going. Morning Glory, start your morning off the right way.

3 comments:

  1. I like the change in character that you create with the Husband and the humor of the piece works very well. However, I do think that the Wife's last line could be something else. When I read it I was expecting a pun or something to tie back into the beginning. Lastly, your Announcer lines sell the product very well. Very descriptive and engaging words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely feel the target audience is the family by the end of it. You give the husband a nice emotional feel and don't peg this as a "manly" cereal (if there is such a thing? lol), but more of an "anyone cereal".

    The one thing I'd add at the end is where it's available (because it's not available in major stores, so if I'm a consumer and I go out looking for it, and can't find it on my next grocery trip, I'm more than likely going to give up and find another cereal). That's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have a husband and wife interacting. I do agree with the wife's last line needing a little tweaking! It is a great little piece. :):).

    ReplyDelete