Saturday, June 1, 2013

Leaving Home- Lather



Son Vo
Radio Essay #1 (:60)
Leaving Home - Lather
Lather
The alarm went off without a warning and I forced myself out of my bed. This is my second week into my new job, and already it’s exhausting. I walked slowly to my bathroom, and saw a beam of light under the door. I knew right away that I had to wait for a while. I leaned against the wall and stared at the ceiling waiting for my turn. After hearing the toilet flush on the other side, I regained some energy and stepped inside. I knew right away that all the hot water was taken, but I did the best I can with the slightly cold water. I picked out my clothes quickly; I only had two sets of clothes to choose from anyways. After I was done with my morning ritual, I sat at my breakfast table waiting for any leftovers coming my way. Surprisingly, there was a pancake stack that was as tall as my coffee cup. The pancake stack had a smile face on top made out of bananas. It leads me to believe that someone either wants something or I forgot something. After finishing my meal I left the house to the outside where it was raining again. I grabbed a nearby newspaper, held it over my head and ran to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment