Thursday, June 13, 2013

Monica Hunt Radio Essay Revision.


Monica Hunt
Radio Essay. (:60)
“Cowpies.” for the morning drive.

(Fun, light hearted.).
The small town life. Full of cowpies and hay bales. Where everyone knows who you are and if they can’t find any gossip on you, they’ll gossip about your dog. A place where you may believe only exists in movies, ! It’s right there, hours away from cities and civilization. Where the only thing that changes are the seasons. 

Growing up in a small town, I always felt the need to get out as soon as possible. I would fantasize about the world outside of the cornfields. I craved the variety and diversity of what a city could bring. I always knew I would fly out of the chicken coop and fly to a city. And I couldn’t wait to leave the hay bales and cows behind!

City life was strange at first. It just felt like a long vacation. It still feels that way sometimes, with all the sights and sounds. I almost forget the smell of fresh air or the sound of birds chirping in the morning. The small town that I used to hate for so many reasons, I started to see all the great things about it. The smell of fresh air, the open fields, space to be alone and free, even the town that never changes. I’ve learned to appreciate where I’m from and the people that helped me to become who I am today. I won’t ever let my family know, but deep down I still am a country gal at heart.  



I'm sorry, I'm not sure why I couldn't get the double spacing to work on this revision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment